Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Twenty Two

I know I have been going on a bit, over the last few days, about how good I've been feeling, energy levels high etc. 
But another bonus of doing the ED is the sped in which I'm recovering, after a hard, high volume leg session on Saturday, I would normally be struggling for at least 2-3 days, but I was able to get a light aerobic, recovery jog in on Sunday and my hard stair running session today, which I thought would wipe me out, it did, that was at 11am today and I had nothing else planned, until my housemate phoned me to see if I would take her running.


After a small negotiation process, and realising my legs maybe tired, I said I would do a 30 minute jog, but nothing hard.
Before we left Jodi, asked me if near the end I could step the pace up as she wanted to be pushed, to help her get her running speed up.
But as soon as I started running, I could feel all my energy back as though I'd not been doing any workouts, amazing, well maybe not for Jodi as she was pushed slightly more than she had planned, although, she did stay close to me all the way (cursed me at the time, but thanked me later) even throwing in some interval sprint work and a slight detour at the end, to add a little bit on.


My recovery levels are so good just now and that is all down to feeding my body what it needs, my organs are easily coping with digestion etc 
So then they can focus on the rejuvenation and recovery process.


A few people have been asking me how long I am going to be on this 'diet' and the answer to that is, forever hopefully.
Now I will be reintroducing some of the banned foods after the 30days, and see how my body reacts, but  why would I not want to feel the way I do now ??
So I will be sticking to Elimination Diet principles 100% most of the year, at worst 70/30 when I have the occasional night out (yes I will be drinking, or eating pizza, or tasty treat for dessert) but I know my body will cope a lot better with these things, due to it functioning so well and the time between these events.


A couple of the things that always gets me is that because I'm on the 'Elimination Diet' everyone assumes its for a period of time or until I reach a weight target or even a holiday (get that beach body) while cutting out all "the fun foods' (alcohol, bread, pizza, chocolate etc) and once I've accomplished that, I'll go back to the way I was before !


Again why would I want to change how good I feel now ?
Why would I want to take myself back to that unhealthy state, putting that weight back on ?


Does that sound familiar to any yo yo dieters reading this ?
This is how the dictionary explains it 


Eliminate - to get rid of (something or someone unwanted, unnecessary, or not meeting the requirements)
Diet - the food that a person or animal regularly eats.


As you can see, its not about getting rid of the 'fun foods' 
Its about not eating foods your body doesn't want, doesn't know what do with, can't digest, can't get any nutritious value from it, overly processed, as far from nature as possible, sprayed with multiple  chemicals and the list goes on.
Diet has such a bad name now, instead of meaning 'the actual food you regularly put in your mouth, it has become some short term, calorie counting, point tallying, high fat, low carb, high protein, cabbage soup, twinkie diet mess.
That most people see as a dreaded word or some kind of miracle, they've been waiting for, to help them lose that weight.
Unfortunately there is no miracle, there is only basic principles, that fortunately work for everyone and work quickly.
Eat organic (when you can) fresh, as close to its natural state as you can, drink plenty filtered water, and eat as much of it as you want, simple eh ?


So why are so many people not doing it ?? 
If you can't give 30 days of your life, to change your life, you really need to ask yourself, how much does being unhealthy really bother you ?


Never mind me, 


WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO FEEL AS GOOD AS I DO (and I still have 8days to go) !




Craig :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment