Friday, June 17, 2011

Clients, Two week Elimination Diet Messages

Hi
One of my clients, decided to try out the Elimination Diet for two weeks before she travelled to Glastonbury.


Here are some of the messages I received from her during those two weeks.



Mr Lowe, am trying the ED for the next couple of weeks (until Glastonbury) - only day one and although I thought I ate carefully I have a splitting headache (but could be due to bad day at work)
 plus is there anything I can drink - I'm trying herbal infusions but need something to sweeten them with and for cold drinks I detest water - so really really struggled today, and ended up necking water/infusions just to make sure I drank .... can you help ..... this is going to be a lot harder than I first thought !
     Day two was quite tough too, although more in my mindset as I seem to have lost the ability to be creative with food ..... and salad seems to be a staple at the moment, but get more creative. Went to Zumba tonight and it seemed much tougher than normal hoping it's temporary and the spring is back in my step soon. Had to turn down my pal tonight for dinner next week, as can;t cope with eating out and ED - how sad is that but it's only for two weeks

    Hi Craig, easier day today, and headaches have gone, Not had the burst of energy yet, and cannot sleep, but hopefully that will settle down. I re-read the plan again today and realised a lot more was allowed- like a couple of nuts/seeds as a snack, which I didn;t realise, and small amount of organic olive oil (not that I'll probably use it) but just nice to know it's available. (silly as that may seem). May try soaking a few pulses over the weekend and doing something with black beans and veg.... fish and green veg for dinner and it tasted fab, but couldn't finish it - what's happened ? Thanks for your text today, much appreciated.

    Craig - you were right - Friday came along with the energy. Feeling especially good as just had 4 girls round for the night - stuck to water to drink .... layed out a spread to eat, but made sure there was a big salad, had made a veg spanish omelette with free range eggs and strawberries for desert - they all tucked into the 'bad' stuff, and I didn;t touch a bit. and the better news is I stood on the scales this morning and nearly fell off the other side - will update next week pre Glastonbury when I break the ED - but have decided I'm going back on it when I get back, and at some stage will do the whole 31 days

    Craig. Thank you asking. Still not fallen off the wagon, and feel good, although the weight loss seems to have stopped for a couple of days .... to be expected me thinks. I made black bean and bnut squash stew last night (soaking the black beans for 24 hours first) and it's trout with beg tonight. As you know I'm at Glasto from Monday so am going to break it at the weekend - as don't want the first non ED mel to be at Glasto with dodgy toilets ...... and I am defiantely going back on it when I get back. It is tough , really tough but worth it. I struggle with going out, and drinking still (Roobis tea with a slice of lemon seems to keep me going) and I'm lacking real energy when exercising and I don't know why. So need to sort the lack of extra energy out and it'll be easier I reckon

    Thanks Craig, that would be good. May even come back to the gym


    Craig. ED report. After 11 days on the ED I can report .... wait for it... a weight loss of ........... 10lb. How the bloody hell did that happen. Amazing stuff. I am now at the goal I set myself for Glastonbury this year back in March, so am one happy bunny, and so many people have commented. Busy weekend coming up but am going to stick to it where ever possible, and am going to try to bin the sweeteners in the tea once and for all. I don't even fancy anything 'bad' at the moment which is a miracle. Just need to cure the lack of energy when exercising and hey presto. Have a 3 hour Zumba marathon tomorrow night so need some energy fast ... after the last 11 days it's a no brainer not to go back onto ED when I get back and see how I get on !!!!! Thank you again for your help from a very smiley …….

    A very good example of the emotions you could go through on your ED journey, she is going to do the full 30 days, when she returns, I will update you on her progress 

    Craig :-)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment