Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Three

Went to bed earlier than usual last night, due to the headache ! Didn't sleep well either. Did feel slightly better when I got up and had my Alkalising Salts and Metabolic Enzymes, well at least until I stood up and realised my legs were still very sore, two days after a workout is always the worst for me, especially legs.
Headache still there today but definitely getting better, sure the Tulsi Tea, Alkalising Salts, Vitamin C and Green Life have played a major part in that.


Was starving today, so decided not been eating enough (clever me eh ?) Stocked up on more goodies, especially fruit, which I have been neglecting a bit this week.
Was strange as I haven't felt like any sugary, coffee or dairy cravings, but as I walked up the main street today and when in the shops, I had to talk myself out of the 'just have one, what difference can one make'

Made me realise just how strong an addiction you can have, without really knowing it. Yes I could've just had that one latte or that one bar of chocolate, cake etc, who would of known ??
I would've known, thats who, I'm not doing this to impress anyone, I'm doing this because its what I need to do, to get my body back functioning properly, or at least to give it a kick start to getting there.

You see the principles behind Elimination Diet aren't about quick fix weight loss that leads you to starve yourself or count points or calories. Make you feel crap but 'I'm losing weight its good' diet, which will probably slow your metabolism down, make you lose muscle. So when you come off it, even if you go back to your pre diet weight, you'll probably be actually carrying more fat !


The Elimination Diet is aimed at getting your body functioning correctly, by eating clean, organic (where possible) high nutrient value food, taking a huge burden of your digestive system and everything linked to it. The major side effect, if you like, of this is weight/fat loss as your body certainly doesn't want to carrying huge amounts of bodyfat around with it.


So if you get to this point, where your really struggling and the cravings are at there strongest, ask yourself why you started this ? Realise it is a part time craving, one cake,bar of chocolate, coffee, glass of wine, will maybe make you feel better for a small period, but I guarantee shortly after taking it you will be full of regret about it, feeling like you let yourself and anyone supporting you down. Then there is only two ways to go, start all over with more determination and strength or go back to that unhappy, unhealthy, unenergetic person that started this life changing journey.


What helped me today and hopefully can help you, was this - In shops, I know where the fruit and vegetables aisles are, thats where I go and I know where the Sweets, cakes, chocolate aisles are, so I don't go up them, don't go anywhere near them, there is no reason too, so don't put it in front of your face, if you don't need to !


Tonights dinner is homemade Red Lentil, mushroom and spinach curry, made this before simple tasty and healthy ! Nice change from the salady type food, have poached salmon ready for tomorrows lunch.

Will post recipe for curry later


Keep going if your on the Elimination Diet, the results will be worth these couple of days of discomfort.


Craig :-)

2 comments:

  1. After about a year and a half off of a competition diet and eating sugar and drinking alcohol I just started my clean eating and water drinking on Monday 1/3/11. I too was experiencing head aches. Today is day 4 for me and has been the first day I didn't wake up with one. I also haven't been experiencing any cravings...YET...I'm sure they will come, but you make a GREAT point...if you give in no one will know...but you will also experience self regret...I am interested to see how the rest of your 30 days go...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn
    Feeling so much better now, thanks,it definitely is worth the couple of days of headaches.
    I didn't think I had cravings, till I saw the chocolate section of shop ha ha
    But was there yesterday too and they are no longer with me, so its all looking good now.

    Also thanks for following my progress

    ReplyDelete